The County of Ventura has recently announced that registration for vaccinations can now occur for essential workers in Phase 1b tier 1. This group includes essential workers in the following sectors: Food and Agriculture, Education and Childcare, Emergency Services. To learn more about the phases and tiers, please visit https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/vaccine-information/.
Those who are eligible to be vaccinated may:
1) Register online https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/vaccine-information/portal/.
2) Those with limited computer/internet access may call the phone registration line at 805-477-7161. The phone line is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reminder, if needed, Help of Ojai offers transportation on a limited basis to the Nordhoff site. For more information about this service please contact Help of Ojai by calling 805-646-5122.
While you wait of your phase and tier to be announced, it is important to continue to practice safe measures to protect yourself, your loved ones, and to help mitigate the spread of COIVD-19 by wearing masks, practicing social distancing, avoiding gatherings, and washing your hands frequently.
Additionally, the City of Ojai and County of Ventura have announced additional free COVID-19 testing dates in Ojai through March 31, 2021. Testing is to be held at Sarzotti Park, 510 Park Rd. Ojai CA. 93023. Testing dates and times for the month of March are as follows:
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Testing is available to the public, including to those who have the slightest suspicion of having COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with it. Appointments are not required and you do not need to have health insurance.