City of Ojai Internship Program (Unpaid)
The City of Ojai Internship Program is an unpaid academic driven program that provides a unique opportunity for participants to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills through practical application. This program provides a hands-on opportunity for future leaders who aspire to work in public service to strengthen their understanding of government practices and prepare them for their future.
Interns will work hands on within city departments to complete projects, reports, assessments, and more. Every internship is unique and assignments will vary depending on which internship matches your field.
Types of internships
The number, level and content of internships vary each year. Internships are scheduled for part-time work.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma and must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university program pursuing a degree or Certificate in Public Service.
Qualified interns will also:
- Have completed 30 college units with a minimum 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Successfully pass a background check, which will include Live Scan fingerprinting.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid California Class C Driver’s License at time of appointment.
- Will be required to successfully complete and submit an internship application
How to Apply
If you are interested please contact Luis Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application can be downloaded by clicking here. Once the application has been thoroughly completed, please email the application to Luis at the email address listed above.