Notice is hereby given that the Declaration of Candidacy and Nomination Period for the 2022 City of Ojai General Municipal Election begins on Monday, July 18, 2022 and runs through Friday August 12, 2022.
The election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 for the following officers:
- City Mayor – Full term of two years
- Council Member District 1 – Full term of four years
- Council Member District 2 – Full term of four years
- Council Member District 3 – Full term of four years
- City Treasurer – Special election for partial term of two years
If the incumbent in one of these races does not file by close of business on Friday, August 12, the nomination period will be extended an additional five days ending Wednesday, August 17, 2022. Note that District 3 will not have an incumbent and therefore will not have an extension period.
Individuals interested in running must be a registered voter domiciled within the boundaries of the district they are running for, or in the case of the office of Mayor or City Treasurer, a registered voter domiciled within the boundaries of the City of Ojai.
Individuals interested in running for any of the above open seats should contact the City Clerk’s office at that time at (805) 646-5581 x120 or by email at email@example.com.