- This event has passed.
6:00 PM ATP Project-City Council and Planning Commission Workshop
October 16, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
A joint City Council and Planning Commission Workshop will be held to review the concept and receive comments on:
- October 16th, 2018, Tuesday, 6PM at the Jack Boyd Community Center at Sarzotti Park, 510 Park Rd, Ojai.
Projects limits are on Maricopa Highway (SR33) and Ojai Ave (SR150) – from El Roblar Dr on the west end, through the Y (intersection SR 33/150 at Von’s), to Gridley Rd on the east end. Construction is planned for 2021.
The project will take 2-3 years to plan and permit, and a year to construct. Key points include:
- Improves Safe Routes to School: 3 public schools are on the project corridor (Nordhoff, Matilija, and Chaparral).
- Pedestrian improvements: increase crosswalk visibility with curb extensions, flashing beacons (like existing crossing at library/Ventura St and Whispering Oaks), and updated signage and striping.
- Improve pedestrian, bike safety and traffic calming on Maricopa Hwy by removing one lane in each direction from El Roblar Dr to near the
- Bicycle improvements:
- adds separated/buffered bike lanes on Maricopa Hwy.
- adds bike lanes on Ojai Ave
- Sidewalk Infill: installing sidewalks on Ojai Avenue where they do not exist, primarily from the Y to Topa Topa Drive on the south side, and from Shady Lane to Gridley Road.
- Trees: placing trees in areas where gaps exist to provide shaded sidewalks and an attractive street corridor, with consideration for the drought.
- Parking: adds parallel parking on the north side of Ojai Avenue between Canada and Ventura Streets to provide storefront parking and a buffer between pedestrians and traffic.
Concept design plans with alternatives can be reviewed at the City’s website, under Public Works Department (go to City webpage, use pull down for Departments, chose Public Works, or go to https://ojai.ca.gov/public-works-department/ ).
For more information, contact the City of Ojai Public Works at 646-5581 x209