The Economic Development Collaborative of Ventura County will have a satellite center open in Ojai, starting Monday, at 401 South Ventura Street, 8:00 to 5:00. They will have Small Business Development Center representatives at these sites on a rotating basis. EDC-VC is providing the following information to businesses effected by the fire:
What’s the Path Forward?
• Most immediately, we’re advising impacted businesses to do four things:
1. For business technical assistance, including access to capital, contact our Small Business Development Center, 805-409-9159, email@example.com. We have professional, no cost business advising services immediately available. We will also be a point of contact for information and referral for other Small Business Administration and FEMA assistance for business as it becomes available. We’ve added a link to our website, http://edc-vc.com/, for direct client registration for services and links to other resources. We’ll be adding to this regularly as additional state and federal resources become available.
2. Business Insurance: If you’ve had any interruption in service or lost sales, immediately inform your insurance agent and determine whether you have any coverage. You may or may not be covered, but for accessing any future disaster assistance, it may be critical that you’ve made and exhausted any insurance claims.
3. Unemployment: If you—as a self-employed person—or any of your employees has lost work, immediately file or advise your workers to file for unemployment insurance. Be sure to indicate the first date of lost work and clearly state that the fire is the cause for the loss. See attached for information on how or where to file for unemployment insurance.
4. Register for information at http://venturacountyrecovers.org/. Also, for access to a comprehensive set of services and information, we recommend you check in at the Local Assistance Center, in Ventura at the Poinsettia Pavilion, 3451 Foothill Road, Monday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Sunday, 9:00 to 4:00.