Recent weather forecasts show a series of storms will sweep across Ventura County starting this evening through Wednesday, March 6, bringing rain and the possibility of gusty winds. The City of Ojai would like to take this opportunity to provide some important information to residents:
- Please take a minute to register (or update your address if you are already registered) with VC Alert, so that you are able to get direct alerts in the event of an emergency. Residents may do so by clicking on the following link: http://www.readyventuracounty.org/vc-alert
- Clear debris from gutters, downspouts and drains so water can flow and drain properly.
- Check your roof for leaks and damages.
- Assemble an emergency supply kit and stock up on needed items, food and medication
- If required, sandbags are available at Ventura County Fire Stations.
The County of Ventura has also prepared a website to help residents become “Rain Ready.” Residents may visit this website by clicking on the following link: http://venturacountyrecovers.org/category/rain-ready/.