On September 28, 2020, the State of California allowed for outdoor playgrounds operated by a city, state, county, or federal government to open. The County of Ventura announced on September 29 that the County is also allowing playgrounds to open.
The City of Ojai will be opening the outdoor playgrounds at Libbey Park and Sarzotti Park, effective September 30, 2020. The City has added hand wash/sanitizer stations, increased the frequency of cleanings, and posted COVID-related rules and signage.
State of California guidelines require that visitors comply with the following requirements:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit has been reached.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
- No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present