(Tuesday, January 10, 2023) Yesterday’s storm is continuing to drop rain through this afternoon. So far, Ojai has received over 5.5 inches of rain in the past two days. While impacts on the city were not as severe as anticipated, surrounding road closures and high water levels continue to impact those coming to and from the city.
- Ojai Unified School District has closed public schools today.
- Signal Street is closed from E. Aliso to E. Oak due to a downed phone line. Crews are on the scene. Resident traffic is allowed.
- Hwy 33 is open from Ojai to Ventura. There were reports of flooding last night near the 101 interchange, Drive with care.
- The city experienced some street flooding and downed trees, with public works crews working through the evening. If you encounter issues, call the PW emergency line at 805-207-4366.
Road closures continue outside the City:
- Hwy 33 remains closed at Fairview heading into the mountains.
- Creek Road is closed.
- Hwy 150 remains closed from Santa Paula to the Santa Barbara County line.
- Hwy 101 remains closed in both directions from Hwy 33 in Ventura to Milpas St. in Santa Barbara,
- Intermittent closures on Hwy 126 near Santa Paula as crews clean up slides.
Local evacuations (see www.vcemergency.com for updates):
- Creek Road
- Camp Chafee
- Ventura RV Park
- City is in contact with the Sewer District regarding a broken line, south of Ojai there is no expected impact on the City or its water supply at this time.