Applications are being accepted for a youth commissioner to serve on the City of Ojai Parks and Recreation Commission. Qualified applicants must be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior high school student who lives within the boundaries of the Ojai Unified School District.

The Youth Commissioner serves for a one-year term and may serve for a maximum of four terms.

The Parks and Recreation Commission advises the City Council on all matters pertaining to public parks and recreation programs. The Commission is asked to plan for and study the acquisition, development and maintenance of public parks and recreation facilities; formulate policies and plans for the planting, care and removal of trees, shrubs and flowers in the public streets and pathways in all public places within the City.

The Commission meets at 6:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month or as needed.

For details and to obtain an application, please click here or visit the City’s website at and click the “Commission Application” link at the bottom of the page, or contact the City Clerk’s Office at or (805) 646-5581 x120.