- Public Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Operations Plan
Emergency Operations Plan
The Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) (PDF) addresses the City of Ojai's planned response to extraordinary emergency situations associated with natural disasters, technological incidents, and national security emergencies. The plan does not address normal day‐to‐day emergencies or the well established and routine procedures used in coping with such emergencies. Instead, the operational concepts reflected in this plan focus on potential large‐scale disasters that can generate unique situations requiring unusual emergency responses.
This plan is a preparedness document-designed to be read, understood, and exercised prior to an emergency. It is designed to include the City of Ojai as part of the California Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
This plan provides basic planning information. City departments must prepare standard operating procedures and, in some cases, more detailed checklists which will describe their internal operations under emergency conditions.
- The City of Ojai is primarily responsible for emergency actions and will commit all available resources to save lives, minimize injury to persons, and minimize damage to property.
- The City of Ojai will utilize SEMS/NIMS in emergency response operations.
- The Director of Emergency Services, City Manager, will coordinate the City's disaster response in conformance with its Municipal Code.
- The City of Ojai will participate in the Ventura County Operational Area.
- The resources of the City of Ojai will be made available to local agencies and citizens to cope with disasters affecting this area.
- The City will commit its resources to a reasonable degree before requesting mutual aid assistance.
- Mutual aid assistance will be requested when disaster relief requirements exceed the City's ability to meet them.
Emergency Management Goals
- Provide effective life safety measures and reduce property loss and protect the environment.
- Provide for the rapid resumption of impacted businesses and community services.
- Provide accurate documentation and records required for cost recovery efforts.