Applications received by the City related to this topic are searchable via the search bar on this page.
Planning Commission Update
On June 15, 2022, the Planning Commission (PC) reviewed the request for approval of a Design Review Permit and Conditional Use Permit for the proposed rooftop wireless facility located at 202 West Ojai Avenue. The Planning Commission continued the item to the regularly scheduled Planning Commission meeting on July 20, 2022, with a request for more information related to the noise study, initially submitted with the project, and the proposed color and materials. The requested information was submitted by the applicant on July 5, 2022. On July 20, 2022, the Planning Commission approved the requested Design Review Permit and Conditional Use Permit.
City of Ojai Municipal Code on Cell Towers / Telecommunication Facilities and related City Council Actions
The Ojai Municipal Code section dealing with telecommunications facilities (Section 10-2.1712) was originally adopted in 2004. Recent actions taken by the Ojai City Council are listed below, followed by earlier actions. The Council’s most recent action was in 2019.
At its Regular Meetings on March 12 and March 26, 2019, the Ojai City Council discussed protocols for small cell wireless communication equipment applications. At the March 26, 2019 meeting the Council voted to adopt a resolution establishing such protocols.
- City Council Resolution Number 19-06 (PDF), adopted on March 26, 2019, setting the City’s policies regarding certain “small cell” cell tower communication equipment.
To watch videos of the meetings:
- For the video of the March 12, 2019, Regular Meeting.
- For the video of the March 26, 2019, Regular Meeting.
Versions of these videos with clickable shortcuts to each agenda item:
At its Regular Meeting on March 24, 2015, the Ojai City Council adopted procedures for public notice of applications related to Cell Towers/Telecommunication Facilities. At its Regular Meeting on March 10, 2015 the Ojai City Council adopted Ordinance No. 851, making modifications to the City’s telecommunication facility standards.
- Ordinance Number 851 (PDF) adopted on March 10, 2015, making modifications to the City’s telecommunication facility standards.
- Resolution 15-13 (PDF) adopted on March 26, 2015, adopting procedures for public notice of applications related to Cell Towers/Telecommunication Facilities.
Earlier 2015 Actions
- February 24, 2015: City Council Hearing
- February 9, 2015: Adjourned Planning Commission Meeting
- February 4, 2015: Planning Commission Hearing
- January 20, 2015: City Council/Planning Commission Workshop
Earlier Council Actions
On April 8, 2014, the City Council adopted an urgency ordinance establishing a 45-day moratorium on new telecommunications pending development of new local regulations. The moratorium was extended on May 13, 2014, and was set to expire on April 7, 2015.
- December 9, 2014: Meeting with Industry Representatives